Before you rush off and make a large payment to parking eye on their parkingeye.co.uk/payments website, think twice. Have a read through this site and consider if you really need to be making that payment. Get a copy of our ebook and find out why you don’t have to pay.
Thank god nobody knows how to type in a web address any more. I noticed that people were typing parkingeye.co.uk/payments into Google and finding this website. Obviously they were trying to go and pay Parking Eye, something many visitors of this website have been thinking about.
Top 5 reasons not to pay Parking Eye
- You don’t actually owe them anything. They’re sort of saying “Look, we can take you to court and the judge will say you owe us this money, so just give it us now and we’ll forget all that, oh and by the way here’s 50% off if you pay really quick and don’t think about it.” You wouldn’t pay a guy who walked up to you in the street and said that would you?
- The charges are mostly unenforceable. It’s a pre-estimation of damages, except the calculations are wildly inaccurate and grossly extortionate. So much so that it is in fact a penalty clause, something that hasn’t been allowed in contracts since 1915.
- They don’t care about your appeal. I would be surprised if they even read it. Just check the number and churn off their standard letter. Ever met anybody who had a successful “appeal”? No me neither and I’ve had about 8,000 people here so far.
- They have a robot that they let run amok. It’s called the system and all the humans in the office are powerless to stop it. Fortunately it’s fuelled by Bank of England notes so if you stop sending it money it will eventually malfunction.
- They can’t take everybody to court. Of all the 1.8m tickets issued by all private parking companies in 2011, only 49 were heard in court. That’s 0.003%. It costs them much more than the damages to issue the court proceedings and overall they’ve got a pretty poor success rate, less than 50/50 for sure. So you’ve got to be pretty unlucky and pretty unprepared to end up having to pay them.
The more people refuse to pay and insist on being heard in court, the less profitable this racket will be and the people at Parking Eye can go back to crafting rings from the fires of mount doom or whatever they did before.